Alianza Coachella Valley seeks one individual for the position of Campaign Organizer. Alianza is a project of Community Partners, which provides personnel, payroll, benefits administration, and accounting back-office functions.
PROJECT BACKGROUND & DESCRIPTION
Alianza is a collaborative partnership of nonprofit and public sector organizations, residents, community groups, and youth working together to improve the quality of life in the Eastern Coachella Valley and build a vibrant, healthy, and thriving Coachella Valley for all.
Alianza works to transform socio-economic conditions so that people in all communities have opportunities to prosper. We:
- Shape systems to remove barriers to economic and physical health
- Elevate local resident leadership to create opportunities for civic engagement
- Advocate through resident-led issue-based campaigns that foster new leaders and collective impact
- Lead strategy for comprehensive policy solutions for our region
The Campaign Organizer’s primary function is to provide direction, coordination and support a resident-led issue-based campaign that results in improved public policies. More specifically, this position will strategize around campaign goals and methodology, provide day-to-day support to advance campaign priorities, and coordinate the collaboration of content partners and community leaders in the Campaign Grupo de Trabajo.
This position reports directly to Alianza’s Director of Capacity Development. Given the nature of the work, this position requires flexible hours as some meetings and program activities may occur outside normal office hours, on weekends, and in various locations. The primary work location is at the Alianza office in Coachella, CA. This is a full time, exempt position with benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work to advance an action-driven campaign
- Engage youth, residents, and stakeholders in activities including but not limited to following areas: community science, public hearings, media/storytelling
- Working closely with YoC!, coordinate the community organizing role of youth in support of the campaign. Support youth leadership development, training, and skill-building in the campaign’s systems and policy change methodology
- Support the development and implementation of strategies for building alliances with strategic partners, government agencies, policymakers, and other organizations to communicate the need for ongoing investment and support of communities
- Participate in local, regional and state-wide convening, conferences, meetings, trainings, activities, and events related to campaign goals
- Working in cooperation with the Operations Manager, provide campaign financial management tasks including coding expenditures, reviewing monthly financial reports, problem-solving, and course corrections to ensure that the campaign conforms to its budget
- Assist the campaign lead in fundraising for the campaign and for Alianza overall including assistance in grant-writing, grant reporting, donor cultivation and solicitation activities, and identifying potential new funding sources
Campaign Grupo de Trabajo
- Work toward the management of Campaign Grupo including planning, note-taking, budget development, strategy, and implementation of campaign methodology
- Keep Grupo members aware of developments and foster openness and transparency among members.
- Ensure accountability of content partners including monitoring MOU deliverables and identifying problems or lack of progress. Seek solutions and course corrections
- Coordinate the Grupo in their roles in cultivating donors, supporters, and potential funders
- In cooperation with the Campaign Grupo Chair, regularly report to La Mesa on the progress and accomplishments of the EJ Campaign. Seek their input and approval, as appropriate
- Working in cooperation with the Communications Manager, support external communication of Campaign goals, methods, events, developments, and accomplishments. Ensure recognition of community leadership
- Ensure all communication and presentations are culturally sensitive and age-appropriate
- Maintain mailing lists, databases, and attendance records directly related to civic engagement efforts.
Documentation and Evaluation
- Document/produce ongoing results on various collaborative tasks and prepare quarterly progress reports.
- Collaborate with the Director of Capacity Development to design and implement an evaluation plan for assessing progress towards campaign goals and outcomes.
The position will coordinate, train, and supervise community volunteers and members of the Alianza collaborative (including both adults and youth). Responsibilities will include assisting, supporting, and coordinating action plans, workflow, and identification of community needs, working closely with technical assistance providers and campaign team.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to manage multiple time-sensitive projects, engage a diverse team in strategy development, communicate professionally on the phone and in person, work extended hours as needed, work with minimum supervision, exercise sound judgment at all times and be at work, consistently, on a full-time basis.
The individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Grassroots organizing experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Deep interest in and commitment to the vision, mission, and work of Alianza CV
- Professionalism with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality and integrity
- Strong strategic and political analyst
- Good math skills and ability to manage financial record keeping
- Creative thinker and problem-solver that is open to the insight of others
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and to work collaboratively. Strong listening, interpersonal, networking, and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage tension among individuals and groups
- Able to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual: Proficient in Spanish and English
- Effective and efficient project and time management. Able to prioritize workload and maximize resources while working on multiple projects
- Energetic and motivated to work independently
- Able to gather, interpret and organize data and prepare comprehensive written reports
- Able to travel and work evenings and weekends as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possess a valid California Driver’s License and verifiable automobile insurance. Have the use of a reasonably reliable automobile or equivalent vehicle for transportation to scheduled events.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Campaign Organizer is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary ranges between $35,000 to $40,000 annually based on experience, with opportunity for promotion. Benefits include medical insurance and dental. Employees are eligible for benefits after they complete a whole 30 days of service in the calendar month.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting Monday, November 11. Applications may be accepted until the position is filled. Only qualified candidates will be asked to interview.